27 January 2010

Bring It!! P90X

This last saturday I was reminded why I am doing p90x. On a date with the hubby, movie and dinner, then shopping for a new dress. I don't fit in to my current clothes because of the weight thing. Well, movie was great, we had time to kill before dinner at the gateway mall. We went into 5 different stores. Either i didn't see anything i liked, or nothing fit. My last stop was Ann Taylor. Well, after 4 outfits, the lady kept bringing me larger sizes without me asking her to do so. Why would you do that? Let me decide what I feel comforable in. Rude girl!! When I walked out of the dressing room with none of the clothes, she looked at me and said, "out of all those outftis, nothing workded?"

Rule one in retail: don't say that to your customer.
Rule two: kindly ask if you can get a different size or color rather than bring it upon yourself to do that by bringing 2 sizes bigger than what you asked for.

After all that, my confidence, self-esteem, and mood were destroyed. Randy looked at me with those eyes that said...what do I say now? Please don't let this ruin our date. I had to suck it up, remind myself I am working on it and enjoy the rest of the evening. I will change how I look. I will change how I feel. I will change my habits. And P90X will help me change!!!

I am in week two now of 13 weeks. It seems a long way away, but I am enjoying it.
I took all of my current measurements to see just how much of a change is possible.
Here is to a new me in 2010.

3 comments:

brooklyn said...

Well one thing I love about you and hope NEVER changes is your positive attitude. seriously, you see the good in everything and everyone. I'm impressed with your thought process on your date to stay positive and not let some silly sales clerk ruin your night.
Thanks for your good example. I don't think I could have a better workout buddy.

Bring It!

Tiffany said...

Oh Candice! I'm so sorry you went through that. I want you to know you've been my inspiration in starting my work out program. Reading all your posts has inspired me. Keep it up, I'm looking up to you!....by the way, I've always thought you are one of the most beautiful women I know...don't ever tell yourself otherwise!

Sarah said...

I thought you looked great today when I saw you at the party! I need to remember to say those things out loud.
How is it going? This was five weeks ago, sooo... anyway, you are looking great so you must be doing something right!