So, I've been thinking a lot lately, that maybe some of my everyday experiences are unique to only my life. That I'm the only one who lives with challenges and trials. Ha! I know. This sounds ridiculous. Of course everyone has hard days. THis is why I want to share some of my everyday "realities" and hopefully by doing this I can help others and also find those that can relate to me. By doing this however, I am opening myself and my life to you. Not an easy thing and can be very risky. I only hope that you won't judge me or my family by doing this.
The reason behind this thinking, is a). I have felt the need to find others who live with a spouse with severe depression. b). It is a disease that I want to educate others on because there is still such a negative stigma to the illness.
Am I crazy? It feels like it sometimes.
Before I do this though, I don't even know if people read this blog because it has been over a year since my last post. If you do read blogs and are interested, please leave a comment saying so.
I have a friend who recently died of cancer and his wife has a blog that she posts on and has for years even before he died. It has been therapeutic for her and for all her readers and those who knew her husband. Therapeutically speaking, I think this is a good idea for me to do as well. And, hopefully find others that can relate and share lifes experiences with.
So, on that note, let's see how many of you would read a blog about my life.
Til then,
Candice
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
Um. . . I totally keep up on your blog! I love reading about you and your sweet family! And yes, depression runs in my family also . . . you are not alone. I sure love you and look forward to your future posts!
Of course I would be interested in anything you have to share, especially if it's therapeutic for you. You are certainly much braver than I am.
I've had some experience with depression, as an EMT, but never on such a personal level. I'll certainly be staying posted. Hang in there!
We always read!!! I need to come see u soon.
I read everything you write, Candice. I'd love to help in any way I can, if only to lend a listening ear. You've always been a tremendous example to me.
I would read! I think it is completely therapeutic....However I have completely neglected my own blog as well. sigh
I always read your blog! I also have depression myself... it's really difficult but Michael is a saint. I'm very lucky. :)
I love checking in on your blog. I feel like even though we lived by each other for such a short time we were quick friends. I think writing on your blog is a great idea. I've always really liked Randee and I'm glad that he has such a wonderful women like you. Brian has always really struggled with axiety, among other things, and I would love to listen and be a friend when ever you need it!
Hi Candice! I don't get around to reading other people's blog very often because like you said usually there is hardly any 'me' time. But when I do I love seeing that other people blog too. Give Randy my love and I'm close by if you ever need anything!
Post a Comment