24 August 2010

Mission Reunion

I left for my mission on November 24, 1999. The call was to the Nebraska Omaha Mission with the Winter Quarters Visitors Center. Every year we have a summer reunion with all the senior couples and sisters that served. I am lucky enough to literally live right next door to the couple that was my visitor center director and wife. The Nilson's!!! I love them dearly. These pictures are of us sisters trying to get together for a pose with all of us and our kids. There were six of us. Wow!! Kids!! We all have them and some are even expecting more.....most of them are girls! Memories are shared, new ones are made, and the bond never seems to fade..only gets stronger. Good times and what a fun night. Love to all!!






This is Jami and her husband Rob. I couldn't help but share this one with his smile. Makes me smile and giggle when I see it. Don't even remember what it was about!:)


This is me and Jami and our kids. She and I were MTC companions and served in the same mission, but never as companions.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

How fun! I was thinking when I started reading that I knew someone else who served there- Thanks for answering that question for me, the Nilson's! I was curious about the decorations on her tree one Christmas and she told me about their mission.

Christina Updike said...

Oh I love our sweet missionaries! It is always so much fun to see everyone! I look forward to it every year!! Even better - if it were not for the mission - I would have never met dear Candice! Love you gal!